The development of dental laser technology has been one of the most significant advances in modern dentistry. Today, dental lasers are being utilized to treat tooth decay and periodontal disease, as well as perform biopsies, remove oral lesions, cure restorative (filling) materials, and activate in-office teeth whitening systems.
With dental lasers, laser energy is combined with water and air to safely remove and shape targeted areas of soft or hard tissue. Laser energy precisely removes tooth structure by stimulating the water molecules in the tooth. It operates without direct contact with the tooth, heat, vibration, or pressure, thus minimizing discomfort and the need for dental anesthesia. In addition, dental lasers can reduce anxiety for patients who are afraid of dental work, minimize postoperative bleeding and swelling, and preserve healthy tooth structure.
What is the Biolase Epic X Laser?
The Biolase Epic X laser is an FDA-approved device that can be used for a variety of dental procedures. It allows for faster treatment times, more precise capabilities, and quicker patient recovery than ever before. This makes it an ideal solution for a wide range of common dental and tooth issues.
What are the uses of the Epic X Laser?
Patients may benefit from the use of the Epic X Laser in the following areas:
- Pain relief: There are many reasons why your teeth, mouth, or gums may hurt. The Epic X laser is a fast-acting treatment that allows you to move on with your day pain-free.
- Teeth whitening: 40% of dentists offer teeth whitening services, but not all of them are equally effective. The Biolase Epic X lasers are not only the fastest method, but are also recommended for those with sensitive teeth. A bright smile can be achieved with the Epic X laser, which is both noticeable and affordable.
- Oral surgery: Laser dentistry provides precision that makes the Epic X laser the perfect tool for soft tissue surgery in the mouth. Additionally, the laser can decontaminate the area, reducing the risk of bacteria-induced periodontitis.
Pain Therapy with Biolase
There are countless problems associated with tooth and mouth pain, which can prevent you from speaking, eating, drinking, or simply enjoying life. As a result of its photobiomodulation properties, the Epic X laser can relieve pain caused by the temporomandibular joint (TMJ).
Teeth whitening with Biolase
As a result of harsh chemicals such as bleach and longer treatment times, traditional teeth whitening treatments can cause discomfort and even incapacitating tooth pain that can be aggravated by hot or cold food or beverages. With the Epic X laser, teeth can be whitened painlessly and visibly brighter in only 20 minutes, reducing sensitivity.
Oral surgery with Biolase.
Epic X lasers are used for oral procedures such as:
- Laser bacterial reduction: By reducing bacterial buildup in the mouth, laser bacterial reduction (LBR) reduces the risk of periodontal gum disease, which can cause painful inflammation of the gums, excessive bleeding, and premature gum recession. With LBR, this bacteria is eliminated, resulting in a long-lasting, pain-free, healthy mouth and gums.
- Frenectomy: An individual with difficulty speaking, eating, or opening their mouth may require frenectomy surgery to remove connected, restrictive, or binding tissue. In children with tongue ties, laser dentistry is an effective method of performing this beneficial surgery without the need for anesthesia.
- Osseous surgery: Osseous surgery involves removing bacteria from pockets in the gums. With the Epic X laser, delicate tissues are cut and removed in a way that minimizes damage and speeds recovery time, allowing you to return to eating, talking, and living normally as quickly as possible.
- Gum grafts: With the Biolase Epic X laser, reparative gum tissue can be placed over existing exposed areas on the gums and roots of the teeth, resulting in a more aesthetically pleasing, functional smile.
Advantages of the Biolase Epic X Laser
- Faster recovery time: Recovery time is shorter due to the less-invasive nature of the Epic X laser, which requires significantly less anesthesia, leading to a shorter life-interrupting recovery period.
- Quick pain relief: The pain relief feature of the Epic X laser, which works through photobiomodulation, is an effective temporary solution for relieving symptoms of mouth, teeth, and gum pain while a more permanent plan of action is developed.
- Painless teeth whitening: Biolase laser teeth whitening is painless, unlike many teeth whitening products that contain harsh chemicals that harm the protein-filled dentin layer of the teeth. A bright, beautiful smile can be yours in just 20 minutes with this procedure, cutting down traditional teeth whitening procedures by half.
What is the need for laser dentistry?
If you suffer from sensitive teeth and wish to whiten your teeth, the Epic X laser is a great solution. It is also possible to treat other dental problems, such as painful ulcers or mouth lesions, with the effective, precise laser dentistry process offered by Biolase.
With the Epic X laser, those requiring delicate oral surgery such as gum surgery or frenectomy can enjoy the gentle and timely capabilities without the effects of anesthesia.
Our goal at Illume Dental is to provide you with the most efficient and comfortable dental experience possible by using the latest technological advancements. Please contact us today to schedule an appointment and learn more about how the Biolase Epic X laser can benefit you.
Brighter Smiles at Illume Dental in McKinney, TX
At Illume Dental, we are committed to maintaining an excellent level of service for everyone. Our philosophy is that exceptional dental care begins with a personal relationship with your dentist and dental care team. Therefore, every treatment is tailored to meet your unique needs and exceed your expectations. To schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Chen, call Illume Dental in McKinney, TX, today at (469) 301-1255. We proudly welcome patients from McKinney, TX, as well as Allen, Plano, Frisco, and all surrounding communities.